Working with Australian supermarket chain Woolworths last year on creating awesome recipes for their YouTube channel, I got to work with an amazing food team that came up with some DELICIOUS recipes. A few definitely stuck in my mind. This avocado hummus recipe was definitely one of them. Really easy to make, healthy and delicious. It’s a great take on the classic tomato bruschetta recipe.
This avocado hummus is also a great vegetarian recipe, delicious as a dip, for breakfast or as an entree. It’s really easy to store and take camping too!
How to make avocado hummus:
- Prep mins: 10
- Cook mins: 10
- Servings: 12 bruschetta
- 2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthways with a mandolin or vegetable peeler
- ½ cup Spanish mellow olive oil
- 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and chopped
- Sourdough bread, cut into 1.5cm-thick slices
- Olive oil spray
- Combine zucchini slices and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil on a large tray, toss to coat. Season.
- Cook zucchini on a pre-heated grill pan over high heat for 1 minute, turning or until softened. Transfer to a baking paper-lined tray.
- Process chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and remaining 100mls oil in a food processor until smooth. Add avocado and process until combined. Season. Makes about 2¼ cups.
- Spray each side of the bread with olive oil. Toast the bread on pre-heated char grill pan on each side until toasted, spread with avocado hummus and top with zucchini.
Tip1: Avocado hummus is great served with sliced vegetables as a dip.
Tip2: Spread the avocado hummus over wraps for school lunch boxes.
Tip3: Avocado hummus is best eaten within 1 day of making, store, covered closely with cling film in a jar in the fridge.
Tools you may need:
- Grill pan or bbq
- Food processor
Watch the video on how to make this avocado hummus recipe:
For more great recipes check out our recipe page or the diet of women action sports athletes.
This avocado hummus recipe and the images are courtesy of Woolworths Australia.
If in Australia, you can shop all the ingredients and get them delivered to your door at Woolworths.