After breaking her legs 3 years in a row, Helen Schettini looked deep into her diet and nutrition for answers. She shared her experience and advice for healthy eating with Still Stoked in a previous interview and was super keen to share her favourite cauliflower rice recipe with us. A legend through and through (both on and off her snowboard), she cooked this up especially to share with us the next day – Thanks Helen!
“Cauliflower rice is a great substitute for rice or any other starch. You get so many good nutrients out of it and there’s egg involved so it could be a whole meal with that complete protein” – Helen Schettini
How to make Helen’s cauliflower rice recipe:
- 1x head organic cauliflower
- 2x tbsp minced ginger root
- 2x tbsp coconut oil
- 1x tbsp Braggs seasoning
- 1x ½ tsp cumin
- Ground pepper
- 2-3 eggs
- Heat the coconut oil on medium heat in a large pan.
- Add the ginger and let brown for a minute or two, then add the cauliflower.
- Let it sauté while stirring for about 10 minutes
- Make a hole in the center and add the eggs and Braggs seasoning.
- Stir until everything is mixed together, add the cumin and pepper.
YUM!!! – so good she ate it before taking a picture of the final product! 🙂
For other great recipes check out our recipe section or for more inspiration on different athlete diets, check out all our articles and interviews about nutrition and healthy eating.
All images courtesy of Helen Schettini – Thanks chick!!
Check out the Full Moon Film web series SIDETRACKED for more insight into what keeps some of the best women in snowboarding sidetracked.