Live the dream – Move to New Zealand
Surf, great wine, wonderful people, long white and black beaches, mountains, hobbits and lots of sheep! What is not to love about New Zealand. Ohhh and there’s hardly anyone there!
Aotearoa- The land of the long white cloud; one of the remotest island on earth, so quirky that they even have their own official sign language. It is an island nestled deep in the South Pacific, right by in the International date line. New Zealanders speak kind of funny but are likely to be some of the greatest people you’ll ever meet. They love their sports, value their remoteness and have the most boats per person then any other nation. Here are 10 reasons to move to New Zealand and soak up all the random goodness their beautiful country offers.
1. In NZ you can buy a house, pick it up and move it anywhere!
2. Every drive you take will be like you’re starring in a car advert
3. You can visit an island on a lake, on an island on a lake, on an island in the sea!
4. NZ has space, lots of it. They even have rocks that swear at you. You don’t have to live on top of other people.
5. In NZ they actively encourage you to jump off stuff: mountains, bridges, their tallest building, out of planes… in fact, there’s pretty much no action sport you can’t do on any given day.
6. In NZ, Physio is practically free if you hurt yourself. Injuries are very likely with all the things to jump off.
7. If you’re pumped to surf and there is no swell coming from the east, just drive a max of 3.5 hours and check the west coast. Or check the north or the south. NZ’s got it covered from all angles.
8. You will live with birds that will try and eat your car, steal your luggage or sabotage your snowboard bindings while you get your lunch. Meet the Kea (no relation to the actual car, Kia!)
9. There is no shortage of inspiring people with entrepreneurial spirit, taking DIY to the next level. Kiwi ingenuity, it is quite remarkable!
10. The north is tropical and the south is rugged. There are volcanoes, mountains, lakes, hot pools, black beaches, white beaches, hobbits and wildlife only found in NZ. You can live in your car (or in a road-worthy house on wheels) and camp for free with ‘Freedom Camping’.
Apart from the West coast sandflies that will eat you alive, NZ is the perfect balance or nature, freedom and magic.
So there you have it, some humorous reasons to move to New Zealand. All photo taken from my travels over the few years that I lived there. If you are truly researching moving to New Zealand then this article on the cost of living in New Zealand is a good body of research.