If you’re after a really good technical backpack for snow, hiking or a back-entry pack you can use for photography, look no further then this Patagonia technical backpack! It’s also available in a 40L.
The Snowdrifter is built for a full backcountry day that might stretch into an overnight, this versatile pack has a dedicated compartment for snow safety tools. Back-panel access lets you easily get to your gear while the pack’s still loaded.
In the flow of a full backcountry day you interact with your pack more than any other piece of gear—if it doesn’t work seamlessly, you end up wasting time and energy. Sized for long days deep into the backcountry, the burly SnowDrifter has a design that complements the unique demands of moving through the winter mountains under your own power. It has a dedicated compartment for snow safety tools with individual sleeves and pockets for your probe, shovel, snow saw and more. The large main compartment opens two ways—via a fast U-shaped zippered lid or a zip-open back panel to provide instant access to all your gear without unloading the pack. A separate microfleece-lined pocket keeps your goggles handy and protected from sharp edges. The suspension system incorporates heat-venting, snow-sloughing mesh on the shoulder straps, back panel and padded waist belt for all-day carrying comfort. Front and side compression straps with locking cam buckles provide numerous carry options for your skis and boards. The top-mounted haul handle is reinforced and sized for gloves. Made from burly 420-denier Cordura® 100% nylon plain weave for puncture and abrasion resistance, with a tough 940-denier Cordura Ballistic 100% nylon base with polyurethane coating. Both fabrics have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Durable Cordura® nylon for puncture and abrasion resistance
- Two easy-access openings: a wide U-shaped lid and a zip-open back panel (so you can access gear in a loaded pack); with a secondary compartment that holds goggles
- Spacious, dedicated compartment for snow safety tools
- Adjustable sternum strap; mesh on the shoulder straps, back panel and padded waist belt
- Multiple carry options for skis or snowboards, all with locking cam buckles
- Top-mounted, reinforced haul handle with extra-large grab loop
- Available in two sizes: S/M and L/XL
- Body: 10-oz 420-denier Cordura® 100% nylon plain weave with polyurethane coating. Base: 9.25-oz 940-denier Cordura Ballistic 100% nylon with polyurethane coating. Both treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 1105 g (39 oz)
- Made in the Philippines.